Here are the rules:
1. Post these rules.
1. Post these rules.
2. Post a photo.
3. Post 11 random things about yourself/ answer the questions
4. Create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them.
5. Go to their blog/twitter and tell them you've tagged them
A picture of me for your enjoyment. This was when we were on our week-long honeymoon in Orlando. We were at Universal Studios waiting in line for one of the 3D shows (I'm pretty sure this was at The Terminator show).
- What is your favorite color and why?
I love all the colors for one reason or another. I've always gravitated toward blue, but since having kids, I've grown to love purple. It has the same feel as blue, but is a little more feminine, playful, and fun.
- Who is your favorite Disney Villain?
I have a few! Cruella DeVill from 101 Dalmations, Ursula from Little Mermaid, and Captain Hook from Peter Pan.
- What college did you go to and what did you major in? Or if you haven't been, where would you want to go and what would you like to go in to?
I'm currently attending Brigham Young University-Idaho. I was planning to pursue a major in Marriage and Family Studies (which I still might do down the road), but instead I'm going to graduate next semester with my Associate's Degree and focus on the alternative education I've chosen to pursue. I obtained a birth doula certification and after this semester I'm going to be starting my childbirth educator training. That's my true passion!
- What is the first memory that comes to mind when you think about high school?
Marching band. Marching band was my LIFE in high school and I wouldn't have had it any other way. It kept me out of trouble, helped me develop some wonderful friendships, and taught me a lot about who I was and who I wanted to become.
- What is your most favorite movie?
I can't answer this. I have entirely too many favorite movies.
- What is your favorite song?
Honestly, I don't really have a favorite song. The music I enjoy most is instrumental, without words, so my favorite depends on what mood I'm in and which songs speak to me during that mood. My favorite artists are Jon Schmidt (piano) and Kirkmount (Celtic: Harp, Violin, Cello).
- What is your favorite thing to do on a Saturday?
Spend time with my husband and daughters as a family. We see each other and engage with each other throughout the week, but we don't get to really spend time together like we do on Saturdays.
- What would be your dream vacation?
I've pretty much already had my dream vacation, and that was our honeymoon. We spent a week in Florida (in January) where it was mid-70's to 80's, going to all the major parks (Sea World, Disney, Universal Studios), we saw the Blue Man Group, went to the beach, and had no time schedule. We went to bed when we wanted, woke up when we wanted, and had all the freedom we could have ever asked for. It was blissful!
- What time were you born?
Morning. I want to say it was somewhere in the neighborhood of 5:45AM (correct me if I'm wrong, mom!)
- You are writing a book, what is it's title and what is it about?
"What I Wish I'd Have Known: One Woman's Journey to Beautiful Birthing" I think the title speaks for itself, but I'll explain. I would recount both my birth stories (or however many birth stories there are), talk about how naive I was before I gave birth the first, and what I've learned since then. I would address the blatant ignorance of the general public in actually knowing and understand what birth is and what it is all about.
- What is the best thing that has ever happened to you?
Getting sealed to my best friend for time and all eternity, not just till death do us part, in God's holy temple. After that, the birth of our girls.
- If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go?
Africa. I've always wanted to go, and despite the stories Artene has told me (he served a two year mission for our church in West Africa), I still want to go. Not to the Africa everyone pictures (lions, tigers, elephants, grasslands...etc), but to where the people are.
- Why to you blog? The REAL reason.
I blog for a few reasons. One, it's cathartic for me. When I'm upset, I sit and write my feelings out. When I need advice, I open my posts to my readers and their experience. I also use it as a way to write our own personal family history. One day when I'm feeling ambitious, I'll get this blog printed into a book. Another important reason I blog is to keep my family updated on what's going on in our lives, particularly my mom. She is one of my best friends and when we moved away from each other, it became increasingly difficult to keep up with each other. It's been a way for me to share things with her, including pictures and stories of my kids.
- What is your favorite recipe?
Oh man, this is a tough one. I enjoy cooking, so I don't know that I have a favorite. I love the chicken spaghetti recipe I have, the mexican shepherd's pie recipe I have, and the plain old roast recipe I use (it's not really a recipe, I just made it up and it works!).
- If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life what would it be?
Depends. If there were zero consequences (like health consequences...etc), I'd probably say pizza in all it's varieties. Mmmm!
- What is your favorite talent you have?
Um...hmm. This is an interesting question. I don't know that I have a favorite in the normal sense of the word, but if I had to choose only one to keep for the rest of my life, it would be my musical talent. I haven't spent a lot of time lately nurturing it like I should, but it's something that keeps me going when the going gets tough, and I can't live without that. The crafty stuff, though fun, is not nearly as high a priority.
- Who is your favorite TV character? why?
Uh...I don't have one. I can't remember the last time I watched TV, honestly. We don't have one in our house and I can't tell you what a difference it makes in my life.
- What is your most embarrassing moment?
Would you believe me if I said I couldn't remember? Maybe it's just too painful to be remembered? Or maybe I don't let things bother or embarrass me like most people? Either way, I honestly can't think of a time I was truly embarrassed.
- Who is the one person you cannot live without?
My husband is the obvious answer. It is through his righteousness and his priesthood power that I can achieve all the blessings my Father in Heaven has to offer me. That said, the person I can't live without the most is my Savior, Jesus Christ. Without his ultimate sacrifice, my life would end the moment my body died. But by His love and Atonement, I have the opportunity to live forever.
- If you could throw any party what would you throw?
Uhh...I don't know. I'm not a huge party thrower. I prefer just inviting a group of people over for dinner, games, or whatever the night has in store for us.
- If you could have any job what would you do?
I have the job I want!
- What is the question I did not ask? answer it.
Um...what color is my toothbrush? Currently it's yellow and white.
Okay, so here are the 11 questions I came up with:
- Name a public figure you admire and explain why you do.
- Which political party (including third-party/independent...etc) do you identify with, or do you stay away from politics entirely?
- What is something you love about yourself? (It's okay to feel a little vain for this question!)
- Where do you envision yourself in 10 years?
- What is something people don't know about you but you wish they did?
- What is one trait you have that you want to alter?
- What do you love most about life?
- Name one talent you wish you had.
- How has your week been going so far?
- What are some of your immediate goals?
- How did you come to know that your spouse was the one for you?